Monday, September 15, 2008

Wedding Hand Fan



Last Sunday (14 Sep 2008) was my best friend’s wedding. Traditionally, Chinese will practice the “pick up” or “chua sin neoh” occasion. During these pick up session, the bridegroom and his followers will go to bride’s house to pick her up and then both of them will be fetch back to bridegroom’s house. Since bridegroom is my best friend, so I became one of his followers.

What so special about this “Fan” then? It is given to each of us (the follower) upon that “pick up” occasion. The story behind this is that, due to Malaysia has a warm weather, so all the followers were provide by a fan to enable them to cool down themselves. Besides, the followers also need to fan the bridegroom as he even more worst than others because he’s wearing a suit.

I manage to snap 2 types of fan here. Nowadays, we seldom see this type of fan being use daily as most of us is using electrical fan or air-conditioner to cool down ourselves at home. Well, to me I think this fan is good when there’s electricity black out session. What do you think?

3 comments:

amycheah said...

wow, the fan design is so nice.

Unknown said...

something new for me.. i dont know much about traditional weddings. most of my friend all do church weddings or just modern ones.. this is so unique

Xiao-Kia said...

Traditiona wedding a lot of crazy rules. better dun follow hehe