Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Do You Like Cats


Picture get from Internet. Not my neighbour's cat.


This morning before I went out to office, I met my upstairs malay neighbour’s wife carrying her newly bought cat. She told me it is Siamese cat and is the breed from Thailand. She named him as “Perang”- a Malay word whereby means “brown”. We both chats a while and she talks the facts about siamese cats to me.

She said: Siamese cats have existed for centuries in Thailand. And this pointed cat known in the West as “Siamese”. The breed was first seen outside Asian in the year 1884 when a British General brought back the cats to Britian. A few breeders in UK continued to breed the cats resulting in today’s we have two types of Siamese which is the modern “show-style” Siamese and the “traditional” Siamese.

Well, I’ve a great talk with her this morning and it is an eye-opening to me that rearing a cat also need so much of knowledge and history background of the cats family...wow!

2 comments:

amycheah said...

i dislike cats.

K3ViN said...

me okok lor..... but no like also