Sunday, August 31, 2008

Joss Stick Antique Box


There are 2 engraved dragons on the wooden box.

Both sides of the box have dragons head in design.

Joss sticks are nicely fit into the wooden box.

During our honeymoon at Vietnam, we’ve doing a lot of shopping besides side seeing. While we’re shopping in one of the souvenirs shop, I noticed this antique wooden box. I’m admired to the hand-make engraving and is kind of can’t resist for me from buying it. It cost me about 50 ringgits (after conversion to my country currency) which I think it is a reasonable price.

The shopkeeper is very friendly. He asked me where I came from. I told him that I’m from Malaysia. Then he started to share me about his working experience in my country, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. How coincidence!

At first I can’t decide what to keep inside this wooden box. Finally, I find one thing which is very suitable to fit in this box – hah... that is joss sticks. From then onwards, I called this box as my joss stick wooden box.

Do you think it is a nice wooden box? And it fit well my joss sticks?

5 comments:

amycheah said...

Yes, it is a nice engraved box. Here also can find this box but the price is expensive.

jepunlauee said...

wah..nice lo..your joss stick box
not easy to find joss stick box ler

Kikey Loo said...

the antique box really nice!! :)

Xiao-Kia said...

Ya I really like it very much

Jesse Tan said...

wah! so pretty....tis box look expensive if u didnt mentioned the price.