Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tawilis Fish


I was on business trip to Philippines. The best part of business trip is that during weekend I’ll have my own time to tour around besides enjoying the local foods and beverages. I wanted to blog out about the Tawilis Fish in here.

The real name of Tawilis Fish is Sardinella tawilis. The size of this fish is about 15cm long and weighing less than 30g. These fishes are in the freshwater of Tagaytay, Philippines Lake and the unique is that, the fishes exist in lake are entirely the member of Clupeidae family.

Tagaytay City lies on top of the Tagaytay Ridge at 640m (2,100 ft) above sea level which is the highest point in Cavite. And the Tagaytay Lake itself was a volcano many hundred years ago. Well, I requested my driver to bring me visit to the Tagaytay Lake as well as to tour around the Tagaytay city. I enjoyed the beautiful view along the way and I can see there’s a lot restaurants situated there.
So, I need not to worry about getting hungry...hah.

Surprisingly, the population is so high in this volcanic area even there are a few volcanoes are active ones. I can see there are many fishermen over there and they just catch Tawilis fishes for their living.

Oh yah, the local people will deep fried this fish till crispy like the picture shown above and the taste is not bad.

3 comments:

amycheah said...

how's the taste ? Is it same like our "cia hu" ??

Xiao-Kia said...

a bit different taste but crispy lo.. they put a bit vinegar

K3ViN said...

wah look very tasty nia