Thursday, January 8, 2009

My name shows up on The Star Newspaper???

Today when I go to work, my colleagues ask me how come I still coming to work. I thought you were in the Vietnam jail? Then I ask them anything going wrong and they show me “The Star” newspaper that my name was appeared in today newspaper. After I read only understand because of there are one guy with the same name as mine get caught due to using fake Credit Card. Luckily the newspaper did mention his age (younger than me) otherwise “I jump into China Yellow River also cannot get clean”. Hahaha

Below is the news:-
Published: Thursday January 8, 2009 MYT 9:10:00 AM
Updated: Thursday January 8, 2009 MYT 11:05:04 AM
Two M’sians jailed in Vietnam for using fake credit cards

HANOI: A Hanoi court sentenced two Malaysians Tan Wei Hong, 26, and Cham Tack Choi, 23, to seven years in prison on charges of using fake credit cards.

The two Malaysians were arrested on December 21, 2007 when they went on a shopping spree at the Louis Vuitton fashion shop in Ngo Quyen street, Hoan Kiem district in Hanoi, buying expensive suitcases and bags costing almost US6,000 dollars.

While Choi was paying the cashier with three international credit cards bearing his name, a staff member recognised him as he had previously used contraband credit cards to pay for goods in the same shop and reported him to the police.

Hong later admitted to the police that he had visited Vietnam on three occasions and had used fake credit cards to pay for VND293mi (US17,000 dollars) worth of goods.

Meanwhile Choi had made two visits to Vietnam for the same purpose and had used fake cards to rack up more than VND 275mil (US16,200 dollars) in goods. - Bernama

Here are the link.

6 comments:

amycheah said...

wakakakaka, that is really funny. Lucky u r not business trip to Vietnam else u hard to "cuci clean clean liao"....

jepunlauee said...

Adoi..lucky you not tat young(26)..nabo..Amy is going to cry her heart out...kekekeke...

aussieahchee said...

Haahaaa!...tat's funny. I remember yrs ago too, there was an article in the "Star" tat reported a man tat killed his children and all the children names were similiar to all my siblings as well. Scary isn't it????

Reanaclaire said...

hello..thank goodness u r alright? haha...

Xiao-Kia said...

Ya lo. This world really got a lot of same name ppl... hehe

Anonymous said...

wah dangerous la have same name! but its so funny too.