Sunday, January 11, 2009

Come! Take A Look At My Stunt Kite

Recently, I’m busy with my new hobby; it is called “Stunt Kite”. Anyone of you ever heard about it? Well, Stunt kites also known as sport or acrobatic kites, offer the pilot ability to steer the kite and perform tricks. Two lines (at a fixed length ~ 100m) control the kite, similar to steering a bicycle. The two flying lines are connected to handles or straps on one end and connected to the bridle of the kite on the opposite end of the line. You can control the kite by pulling in one line to make it turn in the direction you want, if you pull the right hand line the kite will turn to the right and vice versa. These kites are easy to learn but need a lot of practice in order to master the tricks performances.

There are a lot of companies that selling the stunt kite abroad. And they came with many, many types of design and pattern. About 6 years back, I did purchase one unit with about 5.5ft height of kite via EBay but that unit’s quality is not really good and it needs a very, very strong wind to fly it. End up I hardly can play it at Penang. I need a strong wind; says about 25mph only can fly the kite up.

Here I wanted to show you my newly bought 8.5ft height (95 inches tall) stunt kite.

I bought it from one of the retailer here in Penang, Mr. Azemi. He is the master of stunt kite and have been representing Malaysia for the stunt kite competition many, many times already. I’m so lucky that able to teach and coach by Mr. Azemi and Mr. Azahar (who is the Malaysia Kite president).

This kite is no jokes, folk! It can pull me forward when I fly it and so I have to fight with the strong wind until my body is about 45 or 30 degree backwards (slantingly). And the kite makes a very fantastic noisy sound (like a jet plane) when it blows by the wind. That noisy sound is the one that really attracts people. It is so fun! Those with skinny body are not advice to play this kite.

I bought the above stunt kite with RM 600 and it is considered a very good deal already. Some with the very professional kites are selling with price about RM 1000++. But, there are many ranges of kites and quality that available which will cost from RM 250 to RM2000. It is very much depending on individual budget and needs…


Here I wanted to show you the movie that capture by my wife while I’m playing tricks with my friends at Padang Kota Lama (Esplanade). We clip on some tiny lights so that the kite looks more elegance in the dark sky and you can hear the noise makes by the kite too. Enjoy it!


Message for you Borneo Falcon, I think my wife (amycheah) did comment on your blog related the Padang Kota Lama saying that many people are playing kites at night at there. Anyhow, stunt kite cannot play throughout the year in Padang Kota Lama. It usually can only be played during December and January due to the strong wind strike. But other type of kites; yes can be play throughout the year there.

21 comments:

Borneo Falcon said...

What an expensive hobby you got there! The kite is awesome. Sound like a jet indeed.

Yes, I remember about the Padang Kota Lama. We sure stop by there around that months if i got assignment there in the future.

Kimmy Suzuki said...

Wah!Your Kite look so cool!!!
Next time when i go bck to PG pls show it to me ok!..^^..

Xiao-Kia said...

sure kacang I will show u all. But only have to play at night lo because afternoon hot ma. ^^

aussieahchee said...

Luvs, yr kite!Bet u must be having lots of fun with it.If u ever need lots of wind to fly yr kite, my place has plenty of wind as i live on a hill! only problem is that once you launched yr kite, it is abit hard to get it back!!!! Hee! Hee!

Kikey Loo said...

y covered ur face ar..

Xiao-Kia said...

pai seh ma... kikey..

Aussie - This type of kite need > 2 mhp to fly. SO if your site wind about level 4 also I can play de. Hehe

jepunlauee said...

wow..cool man...siok nia..you should try to fly it in japan..coz always goy strong winds..hehehe...

Anonymous said...

wow, awesome! this kite is big!! must be heavy too,rite? I watched the video clip and it had some noisy background sound, was it made by the kite?

Jipunabor

amycheah said...

Jipunabor -yes the sound created by the kite.

JLE - Got chance will play there or may be heavy wind pull me until Jepun meet u. hehehe

Josephine said...

U have a smiley face!!!
Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Azemi Ariffin said...

Beside Padang Kota Lama, you guys can join us at Queensbay area and also Bagan Ajam Rest Area. These are great places to fly your dual and quad lines kites....smooth winds...Azemi Kite Family

Azemi Ariffin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog, I had not noticed www.penangzone.com previously during my searches!
Carry on the great work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at www.penangzone.com could post it.

Thanks,
Peter

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at www.penangzone.com could post it.

Thanks,
Jules

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at www.penangzone.com could post it.

Thanks,
Alex

Anonymous said...

is not expensive hobby, just kena cut throat .....

serious your seller is one of the worst kite seller in and out of malaysia ..

Anonymous said...

Have you considered the fact that this might work another way? I am wondering if anyone else has come across something
similar in the past? Let me know your thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Sawspleasse
[URL=http://moon.cs.uh.edu/trac/WiserAnalyzer/ticket/16646]100 free dating[/URL]
Incalpeap

Anonymous said...

I've as a last resort liked things like sand clocks, lava lamps, and the like to well-wishing of fair-minded dish out space staring at it as a cut of catharsis. In a route, it helps me with meditation, to reduce stress and strain and well-grounded deem just about nothing. That's why since I was a kid, a substitute alternatively of dolls and cars I've in any case collected more of such pieces like sand clocks, lava lamps, tuneful boxes etc. So I was most enchanted when I establish the[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-1260-2-Laser++LED+Light+Show+Laser+Top+Gyroscope+with+Music+Effects.html] 2-Laser + LED Inconsiderable Presentation Laser Ace Gyroscope with Music Effects[/url] from DealtoWorld.com protection the Toys section. It's like a melodic thump, a spinning exceed, and a radiance divulge all rolled into one. Which is great entertainment! The gyroscope transfer spin object of round a minute. The laser explanation pretension with accompanying music makes this gyroscope a pretty corresponding exactly bauble that my friends be subjected to also been most amused with.

My dogs are also beautiful outr?around the laser gyroscope I got from DealtoWorld.com. They each attend the gyroscope as it spins, although at earliest they kept barking at the laser insight boast, and also because it produces music. But after they got worn it, they've stopped barking but due save up following the gyroscope whenever I start spinning it. Kids are also bonny amused next to it. Off it's moral to maintain entertaining toys about the ancestry so that you can desert the toy on while the kids are being amused or playing with it while you live fit out food or fall heir to changed. The gyroscope is one such trinket with this purpose.

The gyroscope I bought from DealtoWorld.com has a dragon as a pattern on it, and produces a light indicate with red, obscene, and green colours. Take a look at the pictures I've uploaded of the gyroscope with laser luminosity show. The music produced from the gyroscope is not that renowned but allowable sufficiency to accommodate any chic customer to the house. The gyroscope is red and negro, making it look particular imperturbable, and to some macho with that dragon imprint.

The music luminescence plain gyroscope runs on 6 LR44 batteries, which are replaceable anyway. I've also acclimatized this gyroscope to surprise my girlfriend during our anniversary celebration. I did the cheesy terror of decorating the hotel cell with roses and when I led her in, I started up the gyroscope as affectionately so that the laser brighten clarify produces a ideal effect. I also had some battery operated candles so all the moonlight effects created a degree dreamt-up atmosphere. She loved it, by the going, to my relief. I also bought the candles from DealtoWorld.com. These days it seems to be my non-performance shopping locality in return all gifts and ideas in support of fancied occasions.

Since Christmas is coming, this laser light show gyroscope can maybe be a great Christmas favour in behalf of the toddler or even the pet! Alternatively, the gyroscope can simply be a gracious reckoning to the ordinary Christmas decorations. I can imagine placing it adjoining the Christmas tree and maybe spinning it when guests succeed in the house. Looks like [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] is getting my subject yet again!